Definition: Postdoctoral program is defined as a period where a researcher, who has a PhD degree, participates in a higher research process involved in the current frameworks established by the research groups attached to the engineering doctorate program. This program does not constitute a full-time course program and thus, it does not lead to the obtaining of an academic degree.
Aimed to: Postdoctoral researcher must be a professional with the degree of PhD in the field of study of engineering, this degree must have been emitted by an institution acknowledged by the MEN or an equivalent foreigner authority.
Duration: Postdoctoral program has a minimum duration of twelve (12) months and a maximum of thirty-six (36) months, which has to be approved beforehand by the Doctorate of Engineering Curricular Council.
Requirements: In order to be accepted in the program, the candidate researcher must present a research proposal to the Curricular Council, this proposal must be related to an ongoing research project which has to be currently active and institutionalized in the university.
- The article 19 of the law 30 of 1992 provides to the university with the faculty of bringing forward postdoctoral programs. The doctorate of engineering has been active for more than 8 years, has 21 graduates and 22 research groups enrolled, this circumstances promotes the conditions to offer postdoctoral programs.
- Postdoctoral program aims to strengthen, increase and favor the knowledge for solving disciplinary and interdisciplinary scientific challenges and provide the researcher with specific skills for the research in the field of engineering from which is displayed the social contribution of a state university which has to serve the strengthening and development of intellectual capital of the country.
- The resolution 001764 of 2013 of COLCIENCIAS regulated the position of postdoctoral program into the National System of Science, Innovation and technology.
- Postdoctoral program is defined as a period where a researcher, who has a PhD degree, participates in a higher research process involved in the current frameworks established by the research groups attached to the engineering doctorate program.
- This program does not constitute a full-time course program and thus, it does not lead to the obtaining of an academic degree.
- Given the factor 7 (internationalization, strategic alliances and participation in global scientific networks) established by the CNA for high quality certification for the master and doctorate programs. The doctorate of engineering and the research groups enrolled to this one, will be benefited from the joint collaboration and research products developed by external researchers in the framework of postdoctoral programs.
Compromisos del Investigador
Once the candidate receives the approval into the postdoctoral program from the Curricular Council of the Doctorate of Engineering, the researcher will have to:
- 1. Fulfill the whole academic period, within the established dates and into the framework of the institutional requirements with all the academic and administrative demands.
- 2. Each academic period, the researcher must dispatch an academic report on the advances of his research, this report must be properly signed by the director responsible for the research project.
- 3. At the end of the program, the researcher must present a report on accomplishing the program before the Curricular Council of the Doctorate of Engineering, attaching as evidence at least the following two points:
- One (1) presentation in a recognized scientific event.
- The acceptation of one (1) paper in an international journal indexed in WoS (Web of Science) or SCOPUS by following: If the program has a duration of fourteen (14) or less months, the journal must be within the four quartiles. If the program has a duration greater than fourteen (14) months, the journal must be within the two superior quartiles. These research products must be declared as a result of the postdoctoral program in the Doctorate of Engineering of the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas.
Failing to accomplish these requirements and academic or administrative demands during the process of enrollment into the postdoctoral program will lead to the loss of the status as a postdoctoral researcher.
Only as a single-time occasion and as for totally justified circumstances, the postdoctoral research may be extended without exceeding the stipulated timeframe in the Article 4 of this agreement. The Curricular Council reserves the right to approve or deny this extension.
The researcher will not acquire connections, relationships or job promises with the Universidad Distrital Francisco José de Caldas, additionally there will not be any form of monetary payment, social benefits or fees.